• Система автоматизации с открытым исходным кодом на базе esp8266/esp32 микроконтроллеров и приложения IoT Manager. Наша группа в Telegram

Делюсь опытом My horror of flashing ESP8266, x3 different models

EddiM

Hi,

Actually I speak Russian and read / write but I'm not up to it for long write ups.
I want to share my sad story with respect to flashing esp8266 boards.

1. I had few (x3) esp-201 laying around, from first batches with 512Kb flash.
2. I'm working on a small project for a customer and he asked for ability to do OTA updates to the AVR we have on the board being developed. I've spotted ESP-LINK and decided to implement it.
3. I took a while to educate myself regarding esp8266 various versions, connections and flashing procedures - here and other resources on the web.
4. I've ordered from Aliexpress esp-07 (external antenna testing) and esp-12e (latest and greatest), each x5 units for the project and few spares.

5. Now get ready for flashing .... connections, LM1085-3.3v, GPIO 02, 015, 00, EN ... not too complicated.
6. I have an FTDI adapter board bought on ebay, I even don't recall when. It served me well thru the years, no issues. Was used for Arduino Nano flashing, Ublox GPS's, our boards we design, RC models flight controllers and more..... set on 115200 bps.
6. I've tried feeding the regulator from PC USB, FTDI 5V pin, separate buck set on 5V and even lab PSU --- all give same behavior.
7. The flashing stops mid way, each module behaves slightly differently, here is the esp-12e - flashing stops at 0x00008800 address.

8. Connection on terminal on the mysterious baud gives clues that boot loader is in correct flashing mode.
9. I'm double checking all the connections and everything .... switching to next module and next and next.....

10. The last "bit" is the FTDI adapter.... I switch to teensy 3.1, load UART bridge sketch connect at 115200 bps and press burn - success on the esp-12e, connect esp-07 again success and last is esp-201 and again all works as expected. (Any original arduino Uno can serve this purpose, short reset to GND and don't forget shift levels to 3.3V)

Fu....ing shit, we have tools that cost us hundred of dollars, but for UART adapter we use some shit bought on ebay, unbelievable.....

All our FTDI clones were thrown to garbage, ordered original FTDI adapters from sparkfun, ordered also CP2102 as backup.

I hope this helps someone, if needed maybe someone will translate to Russian.

Cheers, Eddi

Сверху Снизу